- About Corvers
- Our team
Dr. Ramona Apostol LL.M.
Dr. Ramona Apostol holds wide-range expertise in advising on the implementation of public procurement projects, both as legal consultant at Corvers and as independent expert for the European Commission and for UN’s One Planet Initiative. As Honorary Research Fellow at Maastricht School of Management, she has conducted between 2017-2019 research and has lectured on various topics related to the legal and policy framework to public procurement.
Ramona holds a doctoral degree from Leiden University on the topic of pre-commercial procurement. She also holds post-graduate degrees in Dutch public procurement law and World Bank procurement rules. As practitioner, she has been involved in a wide range of procurement projects related to implementation of sustainability criteria in the procurement policy and practice of central and local government agencies as well as related to the procurement of innovation and R&D. She often participates in EU funded research projects related to sustainability and innovation aspects in public procurement. In recognition of her work, she is regularly invited to speak at international conferences and to publish in leading scientific journals.
Articles Under Review
- Porpiglia, F. & Apostol, R. (Forthcoming), ‘Breeding the new European Unicorns through synergies between Venture Capital and Pre-commercial Procurement’
- Apostol, R. (2018), ‘Ten Years of EU Support for Pre-commercial Procurement’ BFD 94/2 (2018) 457-503
- Corvers, S.F.M. & Apostol, R. (2018), Europese leidraad op het gebied van aanbestedingen van innovaties: een bron van inspiratie?. Tendernieuwsbrief Nr.6
- Apostol, R. (2018) & Jaramillo, A., De rol van aanbestedingen in de nieuwe data-economie, Tendernieuwsbrief Nr.5
- Apostol, R. (2017), ‘Trials and Tribulations in the implementation of R&D procurement in the European Union’ (Springer 2017)
- Rainville, A. & Apostol, R. (2017). Capturing Value in Innovation Procurement: A Business Case Methodology. Working Paper No. 2017/2. Maastricht: Maastricht School of Management.
- Invited presentation at World Bank’s First General Assembly of the African Public Procurement Network from 14-17 November 2019, Dakar (Senegal)
- Invited presentation at H2020 Space Info Days, jointly organized by the European GNSS Agency (GSA), the European Commission (EC) and the COSMOS2020 plus Space NCP Network, 12-13 September 2019, Prague (Czech Republic)
- Invited presentation at MATRA Rule of Law Training Programme Public Procurement, organized by the Netherlands Helsinki Committee, Leiden Law School, and The Hague Academy for Local Governance, September 2018. Leiden (The Netherlands).
- Invited presentation at the National Procurement Pianoo Congress 2018 – Best Practices in innovation procurement, June 2018, Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
- Invited presentation at World Bank 14th Procurement, Integrity, Management and Openness (PRIMO) Forum, May 2018, Bucharest (Romania)