- About Corvers
- Our team
Dr. Anne Rainville
Dr. Rainville is a Management Consultant at Vtrek and a Guest Scholar at the Chair of Innovation Economics, Technical University Berlin. She co-founded Vtrek in 2017.
In her previous position. Dr. Rainville was a Research Fellow and PhD Student under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Knut Blind at the Chair, and received her doctorate in 2016 from the Technical University Berlin with a grade of magna cum laude. She led a doctoral research project fully-funded by Climate-KIC, with research assistance funded by the Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN). The project focused on roles for standardization, collaboration, and intermediation in opening innovation procurement. As a Climate-KIC PhD Label student, she received comprehensive experience and training in the area of climate research and entrepreneurship through a number of core and complementary trainings.
Dr. Rainville has served as an invited expert for Horizon 2020 calls for the European Commission, on topics including interoperability, standardization, and procurement in the securities sector. In addition to this, her expertise focuses on the defense and water sectors, achieving sustainability aspirations, and joint cross-border procurement. Dr. Rainville has received wide recognition of her work via publication of articles at leading scientific journals and invitation to present at invited talks and international conferences, including by the World Bank and United Nations. At the International Public Procurement Conference 2016, she received a Best Paper Award.
Previously, Dr. Rainville held analyst positions including with the Government of Canada’s Innovation and Energy Technology Sector, Science-Metrix, The Centre for Innovation Studies and the Prion Disease and Social Research Lab. She holds a doctoral degree in Economics with a Climate-KIC PhD certificate from the Technical University Berlin, a Master of Arts in Communications Studies, with specialization in Energy and Environmental Systems, and a Bachelor of Science in Science and Technology Studies (Honours), both from the University of Calgary in Canada.
- Blind, K., Pohlisch, J. & Rainville, A. Innovation and standardization as drivers of companies’ success in public procurement: an empirical analysis. J Technol Transf (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-019-09716-1
- Rainville, A. & Apostol, R. (2017). Capturing Value in Innovation Procurement: A Business Case Methodology. Working Paper No. 2017/2. Maastricht: Maastricht School of Management.
- Rainville, A. (2017). Stimulating a more Circular Economy through Public Procurement: Roles and dynamics of intermediation. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.19675.77608
- Rainville, A. (2016). Standards in green public procurement – A framework to enhance innovation. Journal of Cleaner Production. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.10.088
- Rainville, A. (2016). From whence the knowledge came: Heterogeneity of innovation procurement across Europe. Journal of Public Procurement, 16 (4), 463-504.
- Invited presentation at DG HOME 11th Meeting of The Community Of Users On Secure, Safe And Resilient Societies Theme 8 – Communications And Interoperability, June 2018, Brussels, Belgium
- Invited presentation at World Bank 14th Procurement, Integrity, Management and Openness (PRIMO) Forum, May 2018, Bucharest, Romania
- Invited presentation at DG HOME 10th Meeting of The Community Of Users On Secure, Safe And Resilient Societies on the business case methodology for innovation procurement, March 2018, Brussels, Belgium
- Invited presentation for the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Ministry of External Affairs on methods for digitalizing public services, October 2017, the Hague, the Netherlands
- Invited presentation at UNDESA Public Service Forum 2017 on circular economy and sustainability in textiles procurement by the Dutch Ministry of Defense